Thursday, June 13, 2013

The Waiting Game


12 June 2013



I spent the day waiting for the phone to ring and it never did.  I guess we can take that as a sign that the rent price for our condo is too high, as the housing is tight around here and many are desperate for housing.  I also spent the day encouraging Kaleb as he was on his final chapter test and needed to be herded through the process. 

The sun was out so I took a long walk to do some errands just to get some fresh air and enjoy the weather.  I’m now focused on throwing Kory a “real” Norwegian birthday party in November, so I had to run around and try to find some special touches for the event.  Now I need to repack my suitcases to make room for it all, but at least I have a focus for the next several months, getting ready for that.



I sunned myself a little on the deck, waiting for Kory to get home from “work.”  He’s making progress on the exterior wall he’s building at the Miracle House and I’m anxious to help him next week, but my priorities are with Kaleb and getting this place rented!

We were invited out tonight for dinner at Kory’s mom’s cousin’s house and we always enjoy our time with them.  Such nice people, we just chat the night away.  Kaleb got bored and hung out in the yard playing with sticks or something, as he couldn’t sit still once his Nook ran out of battery and he had nothing to do.



Life is going to be kinda boring until we leave as we are stuck home, keeping the condo clean and making ourselves available to show it.  I guess a lot of people just set one time for an open house and let everyone come at the same time, but we’re doing it American style.  Tomorrow, I’m going to run an ad on the internet, and set the price lower, just to get some action on this place as I don’t want to be in a panic. 

Something funny I saw in the newspaper today was an article telling everyone that the police department was going on vacation so the office will be closed and there will be very few police officers on hand, in case something happened.  When asked about how they will handle criminal activity, now that everyone knows they will be on vacation, the police chief responded with, “We are hoping the criminals don’t read this newspaper.”  Now, THAT’s funny.

No comments: