31 May 2013
The sun continued to lift my spirits today as we had a
relaxing day, mostly at home. Kory
painted the wagon he built for Philadelphia Church a hot pink color, which
should look nice behind the turquoise tractor that will be pulling it on
Sunday. He’s glad that job is over and
he’s ready to start helping his Cousin Odd finish up some trim work in his
house. There’s never a lack of work for
a carpenter who charges nothing for his services, that’s for sure.
Kaleb spent the whole day studying for a chapter test in
Honors Algebra II with Johns Hopkins University. He got very frustrated again and felt he
didn’t know the material, but all it took was one ego boosting talk from me and
he was ready to tackle the test. (It seems to help when I tell him how smart he
is, as he doesn’t hear that from me too often.)
I set the stakes high if he got 100% and I’m glad I did because he only
missed one in 20 so he got 95% and I was off the hook for paying him much since
he missed the target, but he did his best and that’s what counts. I’m so impressed with the level of math he is
doing and even more impressed he understands it. I’d just be a puddle of tears if I had to do
what he’s doing.
I spent the day running errands and cleaning the condo. We had an appointment with a guy to come look
at it and it needed a bit of attention, so I washed windows and shook out rugs
and put things away. I’m thankful it’s
so small and easy to clean. We liked the
guy just fine and I hope he decides to rent it, but it’s problematic for him
since he and his girlfriend have their own furniture and they are in the same
boat as we are since they don’t know where to store it since there are no
storage units in Norway. They both have
jobs they will be starting at the mall, so it couldn’t be handier, and they
don’t have a car so that is perfect since it means we can keep our car in our
parking place, but we’ll see what he decides.
I guess we’ll put an ad in the paper on Monday if we haven’t heard back
from him by then. He had just come up
from Bergen to look around this weekend for a place for them to live. God knows who He wants here.
It was so beautiful outside tonight we ate dinner on the
balcony then I had to rush off to church for a women’s event at Agape and Kory
went over to Odd’s house to measure some trim.
We were both gone all evening.
Kaleb went to Philadelphia Church for a kid’s event for a while but then
got bored and came home. We all played
Rummikub afterwards with Lars Eggehorn, as he was home alone in our condo while
we were all gone to our respective events.
I won - just the way I like it and it couldn’t have been a better ending
to another nice day. I’m in such a
better mood when the sun is shining.
The event at church tonight was to raise money to help women
coming out of forced prostitution (human trafficking) in Greece. Women had different classes they could
attend, kind of like an evening women’s retreat. I wanted voice lessons, but not enough signed
up for a choir, so that was cancelled. I
ended up in the art class, which felt a lot like kindegarden, mixing paints and
drawing flowers. My end product was
embarrassing, but I loved the process of mixing paints to get different colors
and making textures on the canvas with the acrylic paint. It was fun, but the art instructor was far
too serious about “feeling” the art, etc.
I’m just not that in touch with my inner artist and I wanted results,
not feelings. It was worthwhile,
however, but I’d never show anyone what I made.
The colors are nice, though.
Just before bedtime Kaleb said he didn’t feel too well and
sure enough, he puked but good. Kory was
in the bathroom when he felt the urge, so it all ended up in the kitchen
sink. At least he didn’t make a mess in
his bed and down the wall like on Mother’s Day, but this time he was burning
hot with a fever, so I’m not sure what was going on with him. He threw up a few more times before bed and
then felt fine, but still was pretty hot.
Poor thing.

No comments:
Post a Comment