13 June 2013
It felt like I was spinning my wheels all day as nothing significant got accomplished. I wrote a few articles, kept the house cleaned and went to the bank – twice.
One thing I hate is when I’m given instructions for how to do something on the computer, and the options just aren’t there that I’m supposed to click on. I’ve been unable to post an on-line ad to the Norway’s version of Craig’s List (except that it costs a fortune to post something there), because they said I needed an internet code for my Norwegian debit card.
I went to the bank to ask for this code and they told me I need to order it over the internet. So I went home with their instructions in hand, and when I clicked on the “select code” button, the computer told me I didn’t have a bankcard, even though I was holding it in my hand. I then had to go back down to the bank (about a 15 minute walk away), to tell them what the computer said. They were as puzzled as I, but after talking to several higher-ups it was discovered that my card didn’t work on the computer because I didn’t have an account at that bank, I was just a signer on Kory’s account. It’s not possible to have joint ownership on bank accounts here, and Kory doesn’t have his own card since they cost so much to have one we figured one would do us, and I’m the one that pays the bills. So, it was quite the dilemma - which only got solved by me opening up my own savings account with a zero balance. Whew. I’m glad there was a solution.
Once I got the stupid card working, it took another hour just to post the ad with all the photos I wanted. I set the price much lower and the phone started ringing right away. I called Kory to tell him about what I’d done and he wasn’t too happy I’d put the price so low, so then I had to raise it up and now we have people lined up to see the condo at all kinds of different prices. Oh well, at least we know if the price is right, it will rent. The only sad thing is, it’s all been foreigners with kids that have called and I don’t want to rent to anyone with kids since there is no way to kick them out if they don’t pay. And renting to foreigners isn’t high on my priority list either since they can easily skip town and not pay, so I’m in a quandary.
On top of everything else, Kaleb messed with the modem when he wasn’t getting an internet connection and now the modem is not working at all and we have no internet just at the time we need it to get emails about the ad, and for Kaleb to log in to take his final exam tomorrow. Crazy stress.
And on another stressful topic, Kaleb discovered a few ticks he got yesterday while playing outside. I took all three of them out. One was very high up on his leg and it gave me the creeps to think of it climbing up there. We’ll be watching the spots closely for a week or so to be sure no redness appears, since that would be a sign of lyme disease. It’s kind of rare around here, but it does happen, so then I spent a good deal of time going to a place of anxiety over that, too. It’s a good thing I have God to turn to when things are out of my control because I’m sure I’d just end up in the loony bin with all the things my mind worries about, if I couldn’t turn them over to HIM! Let peace reign down on this bare naked home!

No comments:
Post a Comment