Friday, June 7, 2013

Day of Prayer


5 June 2013



Prayer was the bookends to my day today.  Shortly after I woke up, I was driving to Kristin’s house for a prayer meeting.  It lasted three hours.  I had a few hours in the afternoon for grocery shopping, sunning myself on the deck for a few minutes and then making dinner.  We helped out for an hour at Agape Church, unpacking new chairs they bought, then rushed home to show the condo to two brothers that will be students this fall.  It wasn’t close enough to their school for their liking, so we won’t be renting it to them.

I was late getting to another prayer meeting/home fellowship group tonight because those brothers kept talking and talking, but I finally made it and was there until midnight, so it was a pretty packed day and the sun was shining through it all.  Hallelujah for that.

We also got to Skype Grammy J for an hour today, too, which was actually the highlight for us – seeing her face on the computer screen and knowing she’s ok after having had her shoulder replaced last week.  Wish I were home for times like these, but God is holding her together just fine.



Kory spent his day trying to fight the parking ticket we got in Oslo on the 16th of May.  He got a message back from them telling them his complaint was rejected because he could have used another payment box (there was none) or gone to the attendant on duty (there was none), so it was just a standard rejection form and he had to write another complaint about the ticket. We initially tried to pay with our credit card and it wouldn’t accept it and when we went to get coins to pay, we got a ticket in those few minutes we were away getting change.  Such a racket – as the ticket is over $150!  So we’ll see how his second complaint goes.



This was our last day with our American guests who have been staying here the last month - they are leaving in the morning, so Kory asked them if they would take an extra suitcase home with them full of our stuff and they will - so I had to do a little repacking to get that ready.  So glad to get stuff out of here and on it’s way home.  They also packed about 10 pounds of Norwegian chocolate (for Kaleb and friends) in their other luggage, as it was under weight, so those two things helped us significantly!



When we helped unpack the chairs tonight I got a large bag full of bubble wrap that was going to be thrown away so at least now I have something to work with when I pack up all our dishes and fragile things.  I love how God provides all I need, just when I need it.  Packing up starts tomorrow and we’ll be back home in three weeks.

No comments: