Saturday, June 22, 2013

Big Progress on Waldehuset


21 June 2013



I planned to spend the day packing and cleaning, but life got in the way.  I was invited to a prayer meeting first thing this morning (below), so I was there for a couple of hours, then I spent the afternoon with My Pal Vestina.  I dropped Kory off at the Miracle House (above) so I could have the car to pick her up and take her back to the mall next to us. 



Vestina was so funny – she called me up and had a very serious tone in her voice when she said, “Mickey, I have a big problem.”  I asked her what it was.  “I got invited to a party for Saturday and I don’t have anything to wear!”  She needed my help, apparently, to find just the right dress for such an occasion.  She obviously hasn’t taken a good look at me in a while or she’d know I’m no fashion queen, but I was happy to help just the same.  I found her the perfect dress (below), on sale for half price, and shoes to go with it that were also on sale.  I emphasized the importance of finding things she likes on sale and she appreciated that bit of advice.  Ha.


We had a wonderful time shopping, then headed back to our place for a cup of tea and svela (Norwegian pancakes folded over with brown cheese inside – yum!).  Just as I put the tea kettle on, Kaleb and Daniel came back from the sleepover at Daniel’s.  Tina had to work late tonight so Daniel stayed at our house.  I promptly sent them off to the swimming hall for an hour’s worth of exercise so Vestina and I could have a quiet chat.  I ended up praying for her wrist because it needs healing that even doctor’s can’t give and she was very touched by my offer to pray for her.  She’s such a sweetie.



I took Vestina home then picked up Kory and saw all the work he’s done the last two weeks on Waldehuset (The Miracle House) and felt pretty proud of him for making such a big contribution to the efforts there.  (Room above is where the angle appeared!) He installed the second floor deck today (below).   Hallelujah for that.  He was tired though, he’s been working hard.  He even cracked a rib while working there and his back is looking a bit sore tonight, but God has held him together like never before, as working two solid weeks in a row is the most he’s done in many years.  Usually after a few days, things in his body start breaking down and he can’t continue, but he’s been strong and steady the whole time.  Hallelujah!



We had a quiet evening in, dinner with the boys and a few rounds of Rummikub.  I got some things done that were on my list for today, but not much, but I gotta say, the day turned out just fine, rain and all.


No comments: