Thursday, June 13, 2013

Cleaning Up


11 June 2013



Sadly, this gorgeously warm and sunny day for me was spent inside cleaning and cleaning and cleaning.  The ad for our condo runs tomorrow and I had to get out all the dust bunnies and scuffs off the walls.  It’s amazing how many flaws are visible when there is no other visual stimulation.  Holes in the walls got filled with toothpaste and scuffs got covered over with White Out (Liquid Paper).  But our place looks like a Norwegian home now with no frills or decorations, so it should be appealing to the masses.  The price is set high to keep out the riff-raff, but I hope it doesn’t scare off the right one.

Kaleb again sat in his room the entire day doing schoolwork.  I begged him to at least sit out on the deck to get fresh air, but he’s afraid of getting sunburned, so he just stayed inside and blew through the last chapter in Algebra and the rest of his schoolwork.  The end is in sight.  He’s hoping to be done with school by Friday.  Me, too!

Kory made progress today on the wall he is building at the Miracle House (it will be between the back of the house on the right and the wall of the neighboring building).  I so want to help him, but I have my own priorities so working there will have to wait.  He enjoyed being outside in the sunshine, at least.



Our friends, Janne and Haavard came by tonight for a little visit.  They brought Kory a thank you gift for the work he did on their house a few weeks ago, putting up trim.  He now owns a very nice pair of binoculars which is so powerful we can actually see people walking on the mountains around us.  Sweet!  It was unnecessary for them to do that, as we wanted to do something nice for them, but they were obviously very thankful.  We had a nice chat and Janne spent some time with Kaleb, looking at the schoolwork he’s been doing.  I think she also grilled him about his social life, as she’s a school counselor and very worried about his homeschool arrangement and not being social enough.  He convinced her he’s doing just fine, so that was good.  She was a little shell shocked to see the level of work he’s doing so she understands he’s not your basic student.

I went to a prayer meeting tonight, and thankfully, it was outside on the deck, so I got a few rays of late night sunshine on my body.  It felt so good and we had a great time of prayer praying for revival in Norway.  It seems hopeless, but with God, all things are possible, so we prayed and prayed and prayed.

Our days here are numbered and I’ll be stressed out trying to keep the house in order as Kory and Kaleb are like tornadoes walking through a room.  Lord help us all.

No comments: