Wednesday, June 19, 2013

A Rainy Monday


17 June 2013



Kory and I both thought we’d be working at the Miracle House today, but the rain was coming down hard and fast and neither of us wanted to go outside in it.  Kory opted to change the brake pads on our car, instead, especially since he could work in an enclosed garage.  I opted to stay inside myself and take care of some household things like doing laundry, paying bills and writing stories.  The biggest time consumer, however, was writing up a rental contract in Norwegian.  I had to look online and use a lot of Google translate, but I got it done.  It took several hours.  Ugh.    But the good news was our new tenant came over and signed the contract tonight and now we have a two year lease and we’ll make a little money while we’re gone.  I am still on cloud nine over that one.

Kory sat and told our new tenant all kinds of stories about things God has done in our lives.  I had to tell her the story of how we got the condo, but then I was busy making food for dinner and for a party I was going to tonight, so I was back and forth into the conversation.  She got an ear-full, that’s for sure and she’s pleased as punch to be moving in, so God worked it all out just fine.  Hallelujah!



Kaleb sat and read a book most of the day and waited for his final grade to come in for his Algebra class, but it never did.  He helped Kory a bit with the brake job, but wasn’t too thrilled with that.  He’s on pins and needles wondering how he did on that test.  His normal instructor is on vacation so I’m not sure how long they will take to get back to him, sadly.  I don’t like the waiting either as it doesn’t feel like school is over until we can forget about it altogether.

Tonight I went to an end of the year party for the Bible study group I go to.  Tina had big plans for an outdoor grill but the rain just never let up, so we switched it to Kristin’s house and we all just sat around and ate and had a jolly old time.  We prayed a little, too.  It was nice to see them all at once to say goodbye, and it’s hard to believe I won’t be back for two years, but I know time goes by quickly, so I’ll be back before they miss me too much.

It was a good day.

No comments: