Monday, June 24, 2013

Celebrate, a Little


22 June 2013


Packing up all day.  Rain all day.  The only exciting thing to happen was that Kory and I celebrated our 22nd anniversary a week early by going out to Chinese food in Norway!  We’d actually planned to celebrate with Tina and Are, but Are had to go help his son move home from college this weekend, so it was just Tina.

When Tina and Are came to America to visit us last year, all she wanted to do was to go a David Phelps concert.  I’d never even heard of the guy, but she loved his voice.  I checked on this website daily, looking for any possible dates near Seattle, but had no luck.  Then, wouldn’t you know, he comes to Aalesund!  I told Tina that’s how much God loves her – that He sent the guy right to her town, of all things!  So we bought tickets together and planned a big night out, which it was, but we sure missed Are.

David Phelps has a STRONG voice and the performance hall just couldn’t contain it.  He can belt out those notes like no one I’ve heard so it was good for Kory because he didn’t need his hearing aids.  He sang a lot of Christian songs he’s written and a few old favorites that we joined in on.  It was an uplifting evening, which I kind of needed in the midst of all the sadness around packing up and heading out.  Sniff sniff.

No comments: