Eric got married today! He’s one of the kids we lovingly call “The Powerline Kids” because they used to live by the power lines where I walked my dog, Waldo. We met them in 1993 and they were all so little then – Eric just six years old. And today he got married to Lindsey, a beautiful young woman who I know will bring him a lot of happiness. But those kids sure grew up fast (that’s Sara, Evan & Eric in the photo.) They are the kids that gave Kory and I practice at being parents as we loved to have them come over to our house any chance we could. We took them camping and to baseball practices and even to Disneyland. They call us their “God parents” but to us, they are just our kids and we love them a lot. We’ll miss celebrating their birthdays and Christmas with them while we’re gone. Just one of the many things that will be different this next year. (I’m certainly glad we were here for the wedding though!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment