This week has been insane with cleaning, packing, saying our goodbyes and training Laura and Ryan on the finer points of living in our house for a year. All the cleaning didn’t get done but OH WELL! It is what it is.
Monday we had the neighbors over for dessert to meet Ryan and Laura in case they need backup. It’s great to have a support system in place. Tonight we took Kaleb’s “grandparents” out for dinner to say good-bye to them. The one photo is Kaleb with three of his grandmas (my step-mom couldn’t make it). Adeline is on the left and we’ll miss her 90th birthday in March while we’re gone. I met Kory through her (she’s my grandma’s cousin). Her husband, Harold, is in the photo with Kory and Kaleb. I found out he graduated from the same high school I did – Issaquah. I graduated in 1975 but he beat me by a few years - he graduated in 1932 (he just turned 94!) We were lucky to get time with them because they have a social calendar like you cannot believe. Trude is to the right of Kaleb and we’ll be back just in time for her 90th birthday. I wrote a book about her husband’s life called “Built on Solid Rock.” She is one of the sweetest women on the planet and we’ll miss her. And then there’s our dear Grammy J on the end who we hooked up to Skype last week so we can video conference call her while we’re away. All these wonderful women of God will support us in prayer (and have for years) so we are confident all will go well. The Bible says the prayers of a righteous person avails much… And I say, HALLELUJAH to that.

No comments:
Post a Comment