We’ve taken on the “Great Commission” now as the Bible says – to go into all the world and preach the gospel! Our church, Bethany Covenant, officially commissioned us yesterday as missionaries to Norway! (When they were praying for us it felt like we were wrapped up in a warm love burrito.) Their motto is “People invited, encouraged and sent,” so yesterday we were sent. I’ll be teaching a Bible study at the Filadelfia Church just down the street from our house in Aalesund and I hope to be speaking again to the state church women’s group where I spoke a few years ago. We also will be living by the Youth With a Mission base and plan to be involved there – so the doors are definitely open for however God sees fit to use us.
Coincidentally (not) John and Letha Kerl were visiting our church yesterday. They are the Covenant Missionaries overseeing all the mission work in Europe. They live in France so we will be in contact with them throughout our time in Norway. God’s timing is always perfect.
I’m excited to be a missionary! I’ve never officially been one before but I think all Christians should be everyday wherever they are. Kory was a missionary to Paraguay in 1971 and he has some incredible stories from that time. I hope we come back with many stories as well because you know how I love to tell a good story!
(It’s kind of ironic that we are being “sent” to Norway as missionaries when our church was started by a bunch of Swedes. Uff da.)

No comments:
Post a Comment