Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July


Sometimes Kory is just downright embarrassing. His patriotism is a bit over the top, don’t you think?

I had to be seen in public with him today looking like that! He kept shouting “Hallelujah” every chance he got. I’m glad this day only comes once a year. I have forbid him from bringing those clothes with us to Norway. He’d be the bull’s eye target for any terrorist activity, I’m sure.

I took the day off from packing/cleaning/purging to see the parade in Sedro-Woolley and have family time. We went and saw Wall-E (cute movie) and went to dinner. I’m trying to eat as many meals out as I can before we leave since we won’t be doing that at ALL in Norway -- it’s sooooooo expensive. Last year we went out for pizza and it was $167 – so it would be close to $300 now with the fallen dollar (for a pizza!!!). It’s just not part of their culture to eat out because it’s taxed so heavily by the government -- it’s considered a luxury they don’t need (and they don’t have a lot of restaurants either). We always take Odd and Turid out for dinner when we stay with them every year and we’ve yet to spend less than $500 on one meal for the four of us. That same meal this year would cost $750 so I don’t think we’ll be doing it until we earn some kroner to pay for it as the dollar just keeps falling….

No comments: