Kaleb is blessed to have so many people who love him – as am I. Here he is with his “Grandma Dorothy” who lives in Portland, Oregon. We stopped off at Multnomah Falls today for lunch on our way to her grandson’s wedding further up the Columbia River. Dorothy was my first Bible study and Sunday school teacher back in 1976 when I moved to Oregon. She’s been my “spiritual mom” ever since. We’re staying with her for a few days to get our “fix” before we leave. We had an awesome worship and prayer meeting last night at her house. Kory’s heart was physically touched by God and I had a vision of a ring of fire surrounding the neighborhood where we will be living in Norway. The fire of God fell on the perimeter of our block – from the Filadelfia Church on one edge, following the road along to our house and then on to the YWAM base circling the block on back to the church. It was a very exciting vision as I feel it’s my first “calling” in what to do when we arrive – to do prayer walks every day around that perimeter and pray for those who live within the fire ring. (I feel like I need to be playing Johnny Cash’s “Ring of Fire” song as I’m writing this.)
Kory always says we can’t help the whole world, but we are responsible for those who are in front of us, so it’s obvious that’s where we begin our ministry. Lord help us!

No comments:
Post a Comment