Saturday, July 5, 2008

Sick Happens

There are blessings even in sickness. First Kaleb came down with a bug on Saturday and caused us to stay home from a race he was going to enter (and several other activities that day), so I used the time nursing him to wash windows (which sorely needed it before we left). Then Tuesday I had big plans in Seattle for the day but I caught what he had and I wasn’t going anywhere. Because of that, our plans to go to Family Camp on Wednesday had to be cancelled because I couldn’t get out of bed and get things packed. Kaleb is still coughing and blowing his nose and said it was OK to miss Family Camp because there were other things going on this weekend he was looking forward to. So in the blessing of sickness…we get five extra days at home to keep on cleaning/purging/packing and taking care of the endless list of details that must be done in order to up and leave one’s life.

Yesterday, sick and all, I had to go to Seattle anyway and meet with my friend Ann that will take care of all the books for our apartment building in Seattle. Her and her husband John will manage things for us while we’re gone – for which we are eternally grateful. It’s nice to have such long term friends that you can trust to take care of things as if they are their own.

No comments: