Monday our neighbor Joan had us over a for a neighborhood good-bye dinner. We played cards and had a many good laughs. Oh how we are blessed with good neighbors!
And I can’t say enough how much I’m going to miss our home fellowship group. Here’s the bulk of us (2 adults missing – as well as 15 kids). We all got together Friday night for a final BBQ. I hate goodbyes.
And then Saturday our beloved “Grammy J” treated us all to a nice good-bye event by taking us out to Northwest Trek to see the animals native to our area. What a great day. We are so spoiled.
I had a massage Tuesday to reduce some of my muscle tension (don’t know where that came from!). It happened to be by a Norwegian guy that came here 14 years ago from Trondheim. He said he doesn’t miss Norway at all – the people are too “closed” he said. They don’t share their feelings or emotions. I guess that’s why we will miss all our friends here so much – because we are all very good at sharing our lives with each other. It’s a richness that money just can’t buy.

No comments:
Post a Comment