We’ve had two beautiful spring days this weekend so it was tough to be indoors packing. I opted for yard work and I THINK my body is glad, but it’s been moaning a bit more than usual. I have 5 yards of beauty bark to get down in the next several days in preparation for Kaleb’s big half birthday party on June 7th. Uff da.
I talked with Ryan today, the guy who will be house sitting for us. He and his (soon to be) wife are thrilled. I called his cell phone the minute I hung up the phone from the Norwegian Consulate and they gave us the green light to go. It seems that Ryan was sitting in a restaurant in Chicago with his fiancé and soon to be in-laws and they were just asking him about his plans for the next year and just where he would be living. So many things in their life have also been in the realm of the “unknown,” so God’s timing was impeccable as his phone rang just in the nick of time. He said he wouldn’t normally answer his phone while out with his in-laws, but he saw it was me calling and thought he just might want to get it. He sounded quite relieved when I told him that we’d gotten approval to move and he could live in our house for 14 months. (He’s been waiting since last November to know FOR SURE if we were going…). So he’ll be moving in on the 9th of June and we’ll have a few weeks to go over things with him before he takes off to the mid-west to get married – and then he’ll come back just before we leave for Norway so we’ll have a few days with his wife to go over things with her.
We really wanted to just bless someone with our house while we were gone, so he fit the bill. He’s a worship intern at our church and is well loved, so they extended his contract a second year. We just asked them to keep the yard up and pay the utilities so we know the house will be in good hands while we are gone. And it’s not a bad place to spend your first year of married life either!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment