A few years ago when we were visiting Norway, I talked with a woman from Canada that had married a Norwegian and moved there. I remember her words ever so clearly – her biggest frustration in living there was asking questions of Norwegian officials and getting different answers each time she asked.
Norway is only a country of four and a half million people. They don’t get the same questions too often and people probably do their best in answering, but no one bothers to look it up in the book. I have concerns in this regard, too.
As I contact all the different shipping companies about the car being sent over there, it seems they believe I’ll pay the import tax the minute it arrives. Norwegians have told me there will be NO import tax (to the tune of $10,000) until the car has been there for more than one year. So far, none of the information I’ve gotten from anyone about what can and can’t be brought in and how the process goes – matches up. Another reason for that disconcerted feeling I have about it all.
But our God is a God of miracles and working out details and if I were to sit and stress about all this I would certainly end up with health related consequences… so I will just let God work it all out – however he sees fit.
I just checked the classifieds for Norway and it seems we can get a used car for around $5,000 – which seems like a bargain at this point, so maybe that’s the route we’ll take. All the fees would have been paid already and the car can remain in the country. Now just figuring out how to get household items and clothes over there….
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment