WE FINALLY GOT APPROVAL TO LIVE IN NORWAY! We actually got notified by the consulate on Thursday the 8th, but it’s been a whirlwind of activity around here since then so I’m late in recording the monumental news! It’s a bit of shock and awe at this point. Kaleb is devastated and cries every time it’s mentioned. Kory and I are relieved mostly, just that we know what the future holds for now, but also trying not to freak out about the details.
The good news is that they issued us work permits! This takes a huge amount of pressure off trying to live on the deflated dollar. And I called social security and Kory can make up to $13,560 this year and not lose a dollar of his benefits and next year he can earn over $35,000 and then after that – it’s unlimited. So that’s cool. I can earn up to $13,560 each year… so if we both get part time jobs over there we should be just fine. Then we have to find a car for around 5 grand (nearly impossible, but with God, all things are possible)… and an apartment for around a thousand a month – another seemingly impossible task since there are so few available… so I’m full of anticipation as to how God is going to provide for every fork and knife we will need as we aren’t bringing a thing but clothes and a few household items. And I know it will be a good story when we get through this next chapter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment