I’m still getting quotes to move a few things overseas. We want to bring a car since cars are also crazy expensive over there (with 100% sales tax on them). Our Lexus, at this point, is almost a disposable car since it has over 260,000 miles on it, but it keeps going strong. The ideal would be to leave it there so we have a car every time we go for a visit.
We were hoping to get a shipping container – 20 foot – and put the car and a few household items and clothes in there, but I’m sitting here trying to get over the shock of the first genuine quote I got - $8,000! (Apparently the first quote I got was an internet scam.) The car isn’t even worth that. If we just ship the car it’s only $2,000 (nothing can be inside it), but we have to drive it to Long Beach, California and pick it up in Oslo. How much the boxes are is still a mystery. Each day, something new to think about, plan for… but NOT stress over… this HAS to be stress free or else we shouldn’t be going.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment