I’m beginning to set up on-line bill paying and taking care of the smallest of details. I fear as the days grow nearer, I’ll be in a panic and not thinking about the little things.
Our friends left yesterday and 2 new dogs arrived today, along with an old friend for lunch. She brought a friend. Kaleb is so behind in his school work and I was hoping to make big progress today but we didn’t. At least we got The Weekly Puppy published (but not delivered). My list of things to do before we go keeps growing, and the days keep passing.
If we could live in our condo in Norway, we would all be tickled pink we are going - couldn’t be happier. But the fact we are not living there makes us all want to stay home. We want the familiar – to some extent. We love the location – right next to the other aunts; attached to the mall; across the sidewalk from the swimming pool and movie theatre; right next to the library; across the street to the church. Everything we would ever need is within arm’s reach, and it would be furnished (if Aunt Ruth was no longer living there). But as it is, we face the strong possibility of moving into an empty apartment in an unknown neighborhood.
In Norway, when tenants move, they even take the light fixtures and heat registers and often the appliances. We cannot possibly afford to furnish an apartment, nor do we want to ship furniture over there, so the old “what will we do?” question keeps popping in my head. I trust God that he has the ability to provide a house sitting opportunity, or even a furnished apartment, or even our own condo… but it’s all a big unknown right now and it’s kinda scary.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment