I was home all day by myself, just having prayer and Bible study time. It was a good day to be indoors because the sky was a dark gray with a little rain off and on. I enjoyed the peace and quiet and time alone with God. I so miss my every other day off I used to have at home when Kory taught Kaleb one day and I taught him the next. But soon enough we’ll be back to that routine so I don’t want to wish any time away now. That kid takes up a lot of energy, so my ability to get anything done goes away once he’s home from school. God bless him. He had a fine day at school, but he’s now counting down the days until school is out. I think we both are done around the 20th of June.
Kory gave his two week notice today as he wants to be done with work early so he can help Odd finish his remodel project before we leave. Kory’s bosses want to give him a going away party, so that’s nice. He has so enjoyed working for them and according to cousin Kari (who is the aunt to Espen, one of his bosses), Espen is “taking his Christianity more seriously” because of Kory’s influence on him – so it was nice to hear that Kory has been a good influence on him. I’m sure they will miss the “Hallelujahs” at work too, because Kory is sure to holler it every time someone on the job site says a swear word. He likes to get in a little counter balance to such a thing to “clear the air” he says.
Tonight I attended another “Jesus Kvinne” meeting (Jesus Women) at Filadelfia Church. It’s such a great venue I’m wishing I could bring it to Skagit Valley when we get home. It’s a multi-denominational monthly gathering of women that’s fun, entertaining and informative. It reminds me a little of the MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) group I was involved in when Kaleb was a toddler, only this is for women of all ages and in all walks of life. I really like the program and can see it working at home with the right group of women making it happen. We’ll see if doors open.
I went to the church café afterwards and sat with a woman I met last week at the Bible study I attended. When I prayed for her at the Bible study, it was clear to me that she needed some wisdom and guidance about a few things so I told her how to lay out a “fleece” by setting up certain criteria as a “yes” or “no” from God and waiting to see how God guides. It’s a method mentioned in the Old Testament in Judges Chapter 6, but she’d never heard of it. I asked her tonight if she’d laid out any fleeces this week and she said she asked God that night as she was driving home from the Bible study if this really was a way He wants to communicate things to her, and if it was, then she would need to see a seagull standing in the middle of the road by the time she got to her house. She drove all the way, looking for a seagull and didn’t even see one in the sky, then just as she was turning the corner to her street, there stood about 50 seagulls right in the middle of the road. She said that was all it took for her to believe. She told her husband about it when she got home but he said, “God doesn’t speak to people like that.” So I reminded her tonight that YES He does and when she gives it a try and her husband sees how it works, he’ll believe. (Kory was skeptical at first too but now he knows better.) I believe God is a gentleman, and He waits to be asked before He intervenes. And just like any good parent, He loves us and only wants the best for us. He will lead and guide, He will give wisdom and clear direction, and His timing is always perfect. God is so faithful. I love that about Him.

No comments:
Post a Comment