Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A Better Day



Things weren’t as dramatic today as they were yesterday.  Kaleb got a good night’s sleep, so he wasn’t as emotional as yesterday.  He did a little schoolwork, played the piano and we went for a walk together and talked.  He made dinner for Kory and I and read a little before bedtime. 

He received permission today to go to school this week on a trial period, but he’s not too thrilled about it.  He swears he’ll only go tomorrow to see how it is, but he doesn’t really want to go at all.  He’s so hurt by the rejection he feels from his long-time friends here that I think he doesn’t even want to face them.  I’m hoping he makes new friends and I’m praying he finds a “best friend” to hang with.  This is such a tough time in his life – with his maturing coming later than all his other friends.  I think he’s become like the annoying little brother no one wants to be around.  He doesn’t understand why they don’t want to do the same things they did last year.  But I have to trust that God will work even this hurt into something good.

It was a sunny day – the only one we’ve had for a long time and a huge storm is coming tomorrow, so I was a bit sad we didn’t spend the day outside, but I needed to be home with Kaleb.  I was pacing the floor like a caged animal for most of the day, since I couldn’t even go out on our deck because Kory was putting things back the way they were before the resurfacing job.  Uff.  This weather is starting to get to me.

I attended a Bible study tonight with several ladies from the Philadelphia Church.  I asked for prayer for Kaleb and that things go well with him tomorrow.  One woman, when we were praying, got a vision of Kaleb standing alone in the middle of a fenced in circle.  She said she saw Jesus come open the gate, take him by the hand and lead him out of the circle, so that’s hopeful.  My heart has been too heavy with his burdens.  This mothering business isn’t for sissies.

Kory has a huge to-do list yet to accomplish on our condo, but he’s a bit gun-shy, worried about his wrist.  He doesn’t have the ability to grasp very hard, so he’s afraid he will have another flare-up like before if he does anything, even with a brace on.  He mostly just sits and plays games on his i-pad or reads the news.  It kinda drives me nuts.  He doesn’t even want to exercise for fear he’ll do something damaging to his body.  I hope this isn’t a picture of things to come.  And his hearing aids make ear wax build up so quickly in his ears that he can’t hear a darn thing… he gets so much feedback from the hearing aid that he won’t wear them, so it’s impossible to communicate anything with him without yelling.  Lord, help me. 

(The only photo I took today is the view from my friend, Janne's house, where we had the Bible study.)

No comments: