Monday, April 29, 2013

Sunday Visits


28 April 2013

We were fairly social again today by attending Agape church this morning then heading over to Philadelphia Church afterwards.  Both places have a café so we spent time in both of them, chatting away with folks we know.  I really like that system here in Norway, that the big social time comes right after church where people sit down and have a cup of coffee together.  I also like it that there’s not much else to do, so people linger.

There was a big soccer jamboree going on next door to Agape, so Kaleb left the café for a while to go find his friend Toban, just to say hi.  He then went home with Daniel’s mom at Philadelphia so he could spend extra time with Daniel.  It’s not much socializing, but it’s something.    

Tonight Daniel’s family and our family were invited over to the Bjerknes’ for dinner.  Kaleb and Daniel both used to be good friends with Andre Bjerknes, but he’s grown up much faster than the other two boys, so it’s like they are strangers with each other.  There were five boys and six adults at the table.  Our house would never accommodate that but they pulled it off just fine.  Kory ate some fish, and it sure wasn’t fat free, but we all trusted God he wouldn’t drop dead afterwards.  He enjoyed every bite.

The dinner party lasted until well after sundown as the boys went upstairs, the men sat and talked about man things and the three of us women yacked away about all kinds of things.   I was hoping to get some ideas for future columns about Norway, but the conversation never went in that direction.  

Again, the weather was conducive to being outside today, but we were otherwise engaged and didn’t even go for a walk!  I guess I need to decide what I’m really here for – nature or nuture.

No comments: