Thursday, October 4, 2012

Boring Day


Kory actually got the new plug-in to work in the bathroom today!  We have the weirdest bathroom.  The only plug-in was on top of the shelf above the sink where the can lights sit.  It’s some kind of extension cord plug-in deal that requires a ladder to access it.  I’ve never been in a bathroom without an accessible plug-in and ours was driving me nuts. 

Right next to the sink is a closet containing the stacked washer and dryer.  Kory figured out he could just drop the extension cord down the side of the close, drill a hole in it and attach the wire to an outlet on the other side.  He’s never messed with electrical things here but he likes a good challenge, and by golly he did it.  I just hope the whole assembly holds because he cut the hole a little too big and it might pop out if someone’s not careful when they unplug something.  Oh well, at least it’s now a working socket, which is a big improvement over what it was.

The rain today kept us indoors and somewhat lazy.  I got a few things crossed off my to-do list and we drove into town to drop off some things at the thrift store.  We give and we take.  Most of it was stuff Kaleb has outgrown, but I am trying hard to thin out the stuff I don’t use much.  I happened to find a few treasures that only set me back a couple of bucks, so that brightened my day. 

Kaleb was home again when we got home, getting out an hour early again.  I guess his class is working on some big assignment so he doesn’t need to stick around for that.  I am still reading the book he is writing and I’m most impressed by his fight scenes – full of descriptive details and lots of action.  He amazes me.  I read a paragraph to Kory today and he just stood there, dumbfounded and said, “Wow.”  Who knew this gift was inside him all this time.   Can’t wait to see how it progresses, but in the meantime he’s sworn me to secrecy about what all the book entails.

I went to a “soaking prayer” meeting tonight with my friend Kristin.  I’ve been to many in the past in other locations, but this one was hard to hear much from God because it was anything but quiet.  It would have been ok if they just played instrumental music, but when they constantly sang songs and read scripture, it broke my concentration so I couldn’t focus on hearing from God – I focused on hearing them.  Ugh.  But one thing I did think about in the midst of it was that God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit all come together within us and nowhere else on this planet does that happen.  It’s the only place the trinity functions as a whole – is within us.  In a way, God doesn’t need us because He’s God, but in another way, we are all He has here on earth.  It was a cool thought anyway and my only “take-away” from the time spent there.

Kory was supposed to go to his men’s fellowship group meeting tonight but he couldn’t remember if it started at 7:30 or 8:30.  I told him to call someone to ask and he didn’t, then he didn’t show up until 8:30 and realized it was well underway so he didn’t go in.  Sometimes I don’t think he can manage his own life very well and it honestly worries me.  He forgets way too much, he won’t take any suggestions from me and he doesn’t hear half of what’s being said by me or anyone else.  The man is getting old.  I pray for him daily.  Lord help us all.


(I took no photos today so all the photos are of the path we took on our hike yesterday - so varied!)

No comments: