Bible verses from my daily devotions this morning:
Acts 26:16'Now get up and stand on your feet. I have appeared to you to appoint you as a servant and as a witness of what you have seen of me and what I will show you. 17I will rescue you from your own people and from the Gentiles. I am sending you to them 18to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.'
Yes, I feel we are being sent by God to Norway to be a witness of what we have seen of Him and what he will show us. Freaky scripture, as it speaks directly to my soul. But then, that’s how you know the Holy Spirit is talking to you – it gets you all flustered or excited and NO ONE else “gets it.”
Big milestone this week – all boxes are packed and ready to go! And now our house is surprisingly more comfortable. I guess we had enough stuff to supply two households all along because we certainly won’t miss a thing we’re sending to Norway (and not bringing back). The linen closet doesn’t have problems with closing now. I have room in my clothes closet to see what’s on the hanger without taking it out. The dishes aren’t falling out of the cupboard when I open the door. I guess I should have done this long ago, but purging is a hard thing to do. It’s much easier when I know I’m not actually getting rid of the things – just moving them to another location.
It’s also a bit of a shock to realize how much OTHER stuff I have that isn’t really an essential item. The stuff I’m bringing to Norway is just stuff I know we will need – bedding, towels, clothes, shoes, camping gear, basic kitchen items. And we’ll do fine living simply. Make’s me wonder about the purpose of all that other stuff we AREN'T taking….
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment