Monday, June 23, 2008

Farewells...


We attended two “farewell” parties this weekend. It’s nice to be loved and it’s comforting to know we will be missed. Hard to believe we make that much difference in a person’s life, but then, I guess that’s the point of one’s existence. We’ve done our job well if we will be missed.

We belong to a “Dine with Nine” group at our church. We are all outstanding cooks and every dinner is like taking your mouth to paradise. I will miss the food, the conversation, the laughs and the lovely faces of all those in our group. It’s a great way to get to know others from church and the dramas that unfold are much better than any major motion picture.

We also attended a pool party good-bye from our home fellowship group. It was a congratulations party too for one member that just got her Bachelor’s degree. We were blessed with a beautiful sunny day at a home that should be on the cover of every Home Beautiful magazine (see photo!). We felt like we were in a dream world where everything is perfect and the yard is meticulously manicured and the house as picturesque as it could be. Savannah, Georgia came to mind… except that we were surrounded by farm land and there was no moss dangling from the trees. Life is so good sometimes I have to pinch myself to see if I’m dreaming.

No comments: