I only focused on completing more of my to-do list today. I don’t even feel that triumphant because most things I only did half way, or in the process of doing them, I added several more things to my list. Will it ever end? But I did take time to make a few calls to friends to see how they are doing. That’s a sure sign the pressure is off and I’m getting back to normal. (The photo today is of the black cloud I’ve been under – tee hee – it’s actually just this morning’s fog lifting over the valley as seen from our deck.)
We all packed up and went in to town today because Kory had an appointment with the chiropractor to have a laser treatment on his back. I guess the FDA approved this method of “speed healing” five years ago. It has to do with the wave length of healthy cells being one length, and injured ones being another. The doctor shoots a red laser light at the injured area, set at the same wave length as healthy cells and somehow the laser tricks the cells into thinking they are healthy, so they heal faster. It sounds a little hocus pocus to me, but people I know have used it and swear by it. The chiropractor said it’s good on broken bones, torn ligaments, injured muscles and it works incredibly well on burns. So it must be the new “wave” in healing. (ha ha.) I hope it helps Kory because September is going to be a long month if he’s just lying around asking me to bring him food everyday. At least the treatment isn’t expensive ($25), but he’ll need it three times a week to really get things moving in the right direction. He REALLY needs to get up off that couch. Today he started freaking out about teaching Kaleb art. He had so much time to think about things he started over-analyzing what he should do with the one hour of art each week. I should have video recorded him and played it back. I don’t even think he would have understood what he was saying. All Kaleb wants to do is get better at sketching, and the way Kory was carrying on it was like they were going to have to figure out how to fly to Mars. Weird. That man needs a project!
The main reason we ALL went into town was to stop and get our passports. The temporary ones we have are only good until October. We all have to be together to order Kaleb’s passport, and wouldn’t you know, I left the photos at home. I had to remember to bring so many things with me for all the stops I was going to make, and I remembered the passports, but not the photos. I hate when I do stuff like that, but it’s getting more frequent, so I better get used to it.
I actually brought up a few boxes of clothes from the basement today, but they are just sitting in our bedroom, looking for a home. I almost don’t want to fill the closets back up again as it’s so nice they are empty and don’t fight me every time I try to close the door. I need to purge. I did manage to get all my magnets back up on the refrigerator today though so that was something special (ha.) That’s my only art form – deciding which magnets should be next to each other. I hate a white refrigerator door. Now mine is cluttered once again and it’s feeling more and more like we are settling back in.
Most of the kids around here started back to school today. We aren’t starting full-time for a few weeks but we had a few trial runs today. I had Kaleb take an Algebra test just to see if he remembered anything. He didn’t. We need to back track a little so he remembers some of the basic rules. He said it’s because his “brain has been under a lot of stress lately, with the Chicken Pox and all…”. Yeah, right. I think he’ll be doing a little review every day until his brain stops stressing and the light bulb turns on again. I also took him to the library to check out some books. I wanted him to remember the “high” he used to get from reading books before the Nintendo came into his life. My plan worked. He has had his nose in a book all afternoon and evening. At least he hasn’t forgotten how to read.
I bit the bullet and bought a planning/scheduler book today. For some reason, I didn’t need one in Norway. Our lives were pretty simple and routine and there weren’t that many things to keep track of, but now I’ll go crazy without one. I can’t decide one thing without first checking the calendar. I wonder how I got so many things done when I was working full-time? Oh yeah, I was younger then.
We all packed up and went in to town today because Kory had an appointment with the chiropractor to have a laser treatment on his back. I guess the FDA approved this method of “speed healing” five years ago. It has to do with the wave length of healthy cells being one length, and injured ones being another. The doctor shoots a red laser light at the injured area, set at the same wave length as healthy cells and somehow the laser tricks the cells into thinking they are healthy, so they heal faster. It sounds a little hocus pocus to me, but people I know have used it and swear by it. The chiropractor said it’s good on broken bones, torn ligaments, injured muscles and it works incredibly well on burns. So it must be the new “wave” in healing. (ha ha.) I hope it helps Kory because September is going to be a long month if he’s just lying around asking me to bring him food everyday. At least the treatment isn’t expensive ($25), but he’ll need it three times a week to really get things moving in the right direction. He REALLY needs to get up off that couch. Today he started freaking out about teaching Kaleb art. He had so much time to think about things he started over-analyzing what he should do with the one hour of art each week. I should have video recorded him and played it back. I don’t even think he would have understood what he was saying. All Kaleb wants to do is get better at sketching, and the way Kory was carrying on it was like they were going to have to figure out how to fly to Mars. Weird. That man needs a project!
The main reason we ALL went into town was to stop and get our passports. The temporary ones we have are only good until October. We all have to be together to order Kaleb’s passport, and wouldn’t you know, I left the photos at home. I had to remember to bring so many things with me for all the stops I was going to make, and I remembered the passports, but not the photos. I hate when I do stuff like that, but it’s getting more frequent, so I better get used to it.
I actually brought up a few boxes of clothes from the basement today, but they are just sitting in our bedroom, looking for a home. I almost don’t want to fill the closets back up again as it’s so nice they are empty and don’t fight me every time I try to close the door. I need to purge. I did manage to get all my magnets back up on the refrigerator today though so that was something special (ha.) That’s my only art form – deciding which magnets should be next to each other. I hate a white refrigerator door. Now mine is cluttered once again and it’s feeling more and more like we are settling back in.
Most of the kids around here started back to school today. We aren’t starting full-time for a few weeks but we had a few trial runs today. I had Kaleb take an Algebra test just to see if he remembered anything. He didn’t. We need to back track a little so he remembers some of the basic rules. He said it’s because his “brain has been under a lot of stress lately, with the Chicken Pox and all…”. Yeah, right. I think he’ll be doing a little review every day until his brain stops stressing and the light bulb turns on again. I also took him to the library to check out some books. I wanted him to remember the “high” he used to get from reading books before the Nintendo came into his life. My plan worked. He has had his nose in a book all afternoon and evening. At least he hasn’t forgotten how to read.
I bit the bullet and bought a planning/scheduler book today. For some reason, I didn’t need one in Norway. Our lives were pretty simple and routine and there weren’t that many things to keep track of, but now I’ll go crazy without one. I can’t decide one thing without first checking the calendar. I wonder how I got so many things done when I was working full-time? Oh yeah, I was younger then.

No comments:
Post a Comment